Error code 176109: Activate the product while opening Point of Sale 2013
In QuickBooks POS 2013, QB users are likely to receive a weird error when they attempt to open or register Point of Sale. And this error is seen as Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number. There are different reasons why this error happens. One reason is related to the presence of damaged files in the Point of Sale Entitlement folder containing damaged files. Another reason can be associated with an incorrect product code used to install Point of Sale. There is also one more reason showing that you are not logged in to Windows as an administrator. Whenever such an error occurs, QB users are supposed to take help from QuickBooks Point of sales technical support experts via a toll-free number.
Below-given are some smart steps from QuickBooks support professionals that can be used to get rid of the error instantly. Intuit recommends these 2 solutions for resolving this problem for QB POS 2013. These include:
- Solution 1: Delete the contents of the entitlement client folder and try again
- Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Point of Sale
- Click the Start button by drawing your mouse to the lower-left corner, and select File Explorer.
- Tap the View tab and verify the Hidden items checkbox.
- Navigate in the left window to: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- To choose all the files in the folder, Press the CTRL + A keys and press Delete.
- Open POS and finish the registration process. Move to solution 2 if things are not working.
Windows 7 and Vista
- First click the Windows Start button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Then, tap Organize and go for Folder and Search Options.
- Tap the View tab; choose Show hidden files and folders. After this, click OK.
- Navigate in the left window to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- For choosing all the files in the folder, press the CTRL + A keys and press Delete.
- Open POS and complete the registration process. Go for the solution 2 if the issue is not resolved.
- Uninstall Point of Sale.
- Reinstall Point of Sale from a CD or download.
- If you still find occurrence of the error, then you need to run a repair installation on POS by verifying the Product Number and License Number. Also make sure you only enter the correct numbers during this process if the product and/or license numbers are incorrect.
- Open Point of Sale and register if prompted.
These easy steps are likely to help you without dialing a toll-free QuickBooks technical support phone number.
If you are still clueless on the error, you better take QB technical assistance from QuickBooks experts instantly.
External Link: https://goo.gl/V5ie2P | http://tinyurl.com/ycalc7p8 | http://bit.do/dCKfq | http://ow.ly/Zwlc30dUZXm